We know your dog is a big part of the family. They are looking forward to their pet friendly lakeside holiday just as much as you are too, so we have put together a few ideas and tips for you next getaway with us. Our pet friendly holidays are great for dogs and they love being in and around the lake as well as exploring the private wooded areas and maze of surrounding footpaths. We are so dog friendly in fact we were recently recommended in the ‘Your Dog’ magazines ‘Where to Stay Guide’!
On top of the 130 acres to explore at Log House Holidays, the surrounding Cotswolds has lots of dog-friendly attractions to visit, some of which are listed below. We are shortly going to put a new section on our website called ‘The Ultimate Guide to a Log Cabin Holiday in the Cotswolds’ and the Dog Friendly section on this will include more information. Dogs do not need to be kept on a lead around the lake but remember that at most attractions they are required to be.
Some Dog Friendly Days Out:
- Westonbirt Arboretum
- Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
- The Wild Duck Inn
- Birdland Park and Gardens
- Cotswold Motoring Museum and Toy Collection
- Batsford Arboretum
- Painswick Rococo Garden
- Tewkesbury Abbey
- Source of the River Thames
- Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden
To help you out before you arrive at your luxury log cabin holiday here is a short dog holiday check list. Tick them off as you pack them and you won’t forget a thing.
Pack List for your Dog Holiday
- Enough dog food for your time away
- Dog food bowl
- Water bowl for the journey to and from.
- Poo bags
- Lead – some places in the Cotswolds require dogs to kept on leads
- Dog bed – their own bed will make your dog settle in quicker
- Old towels for drying off your dog if they decide to take a dip
- Dog toys – good to keep them entertained whilst you are unwinding in your hot tub
- Torch for late night walks
- Treats – because they are on holiday as well!
- Rucksack for holding everything on your days out
If you would like to undertake some training whilst away, we can also offer this. Our recommended dog trainer is very experienced and sessions can be done at your cabin or in our private 4-acre field. Please see our Dog Training Holidays Page for more information You can target general obedience, obedience under distraction, retrieving and specific problems such as recall and other dogs.
In case you have any issues whilst away our nearest vets, whom we highly recommend, is The Sidings Veterinary Surgery (01285 643146 – GL7 1QW). Only 15 minutes away, opposite the Waitrose in Cirencester.
We look forward to welcoming you and your dogs to a short break in the Cotswolds soon…